Monday, October 08, 2007

As The World Turns

I've been away for some time. But many things had happened:

So my divorce was final on Sept 14th. On my way back from the courthouse I was debating if I should cut The Mechanic loose or not.

Since we are together, everything is a web of confusion, shady stuff. The Mechanic has gone through jobs like they are running out of style. After going through Temp services, he got hired by a gas station accross from where we live. First he was really motivated with his job, then not so much. He started slacking and slacking, when he found a place that sells meat. He "supposedly" made 700.00 in one day but it was all in checks and was never given to him.I think that there's no money but he will not admit it.

So I confronted him about that and other things. I told him ( calling it bluff ) that I have spoken with his last employer about why he is not working with them anymore and I saw something I've never seen before on him: I made him cry. Eyes red of rage and disbelief because I caught him in fraganti (¿?). With his voice all shook up he told me he didn't appreciate the fact I went behind his back.

That's why the day I got divorced I was thinking: "Do I really need to go through all this:, do I really need to be second guessing this guy?" and then something really interesting happened:

The night of my divorce I was going out with the Mechanic and some friends, and a police car stopped us. Guess what: They were trying to say that I didn't show up to book myself about a year ago. I did take care of it and paid all I had to pay, but I was still booked once and held in captivity. When I stepped out, he was waiting for me, and held me as I was coming back from Iraq.

So that is why I dunno what to do: he can screw up but he can be also redeem himself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home