Monday, October 16, 2006

I have this knick for losing stuff . . .

I don’t know if it’s just bad luck but for some reason I have this thing of losing important stuff. Yesterday I was packing up stuff to put in my storage unit. Well, I put the keys down and started loading stuff up. So when I was done, I patted my pockets looking for my keys and no, they were not there. I started freaking out.. I tried not to lose my cool because then I get hubby in a bad mood.

This had happened to me many times. I remember when I was in college I was terminated from a job because I kept losing my badge. Is that for some reason I cannot keep important stuff. Is like a spell: gets in contact with my fingers and “poof” it’s gone; or even worse, they become alive. Once I remember misplacing my wedding ring set for a whole year. I turned the house upside down looking for it. And like it always happens, it appears when a. you’re not looking for it or where you least expect it.

Once I went to my dad’s to stay. I was washing one of the cars and as usual, misplaced the keys. I walked the yard in my hands and knees trying to find them. I looked in my purse don’t know how many times, I looked in the furniture between the cushions, I went crazy looking all over the house, so I finally gave up and stood in the kitchen looking out the window. And guess what I saw on top of the car: THE KEYS. I gave my father the keys, I went to my room and didn’t leave for the rest of the evening.

When I was about 9 or 10 years old, my grandma and my great aunt will send me money for my birthday. You know, $20 20 years ago where a substantial amount of money. ( yes, now you can figure out my age ). And for some reason the $20 disappeared before I could even think of what to spend them on. My mom got very upset and told me she would tell my grandma . NOT GRANDMA.

Will my hands be the next twilight zone ???

Well, my keys turned out to be under a box on my dresser. Hubby couldn’t wait until I was done cooking ( kids need to eat! ). And he was frowning sitting down on the couch playing x-box with the kids. All he needed to wait was 15 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home